Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Detailed fan account of “Hello Se7en in Japan”

Taken from hello7.cn, written by 帆@hello7.cn (originally in chinese, translated by cecilia)

Sorry for writing this so late but over the past few days I have been able to realise just the meaning and the effect that this fan meeting has given me.

I started liking Se7en from junior high and it’s been 7 years now. I used to envy the ones who could see him and I never thought that the chance will come to me. After coming to Japan to study, i have waited 3 years til now for his Japanese comeback! Last year I went to Seoul at Christmas and went to Yeolbong but the whole YG family went I dont know where moving coal!

Actually this time it was the same, the presale ballot for the tickets started one month ago and I had thought to myself “It’s been 4 years since he’s been in Japan so he shouldnt attract that much attention.” But the end result was that I was not picked in the ballot and because I didnt go online, I also missed out on the second round of tickets. There were a few tickets on yahoo auction but they were being sold for 20000 yen!!

So on that day I thought I would just go to buy the goods and on that day, it was before 12 oclock there were already many Japanese fans there lining up waiting to go inside. It wasnt mainly Japanese girls there but Japanese ajummas!

After buying the goods, I stood to the side. They were continuously playing his Digital Bounce album and there was a box for fans to put in their questions for se7en. Lots of mothers wrote on the special question paper and put it in the box. I looked at the sign which said “All tickets sold out” and didnt write any questions since I felt so frustrated.

At 1 pm, fans started entering the venue. I looked at them anxiously, wishing that I could turn into an insect and go inside then transform back into human form. Of course imagination is always beautiful..

At 1:30pm, I saw 2 girls smiling walking out with 2 tickets coming out from the box office and so I ran over to ask. Staff asked me to wait while they checked if there were any spare tickets. There was another 40-50 year old mother waiting with me as well. Praying really does work and I was able to get tickets on the first floor! The mother and I looked at the staff as if we were about to cry and rushed inside after thanking them.

Inside was already filled with people and I stood at the back in the middle. Thanks to my height, I got a pretty decent view. Because photography was prohibited, everyone just stood there waiting and chatting. I took a photo before it started and put my camera away.


The start was a bit late and at about 2:15, fans started chanting his ‘Se7en, Se7en’ and the music changed from Digital Bounce to his Japanese songs. Before 2:30, the lights were dimmed and everyone knew what was happening and the cheering and screaming shook the roof. Se7en appeared singing “Hikari”. He wore a checked suit jacket, black pants, a patterned top with a white collar. Under the spotlight and the reflection of the chilbongs, he looked as if he was radiating light himself. Everyone sang along and swayed the chilbongs while pushing forward, wanting to get closer to the stage.


After the song finished, Se7en greeted everyone and the MC also came on stage, greeting and asking some basic questions. Had to talk a bit about the US (the host – why did have to pick sad things to talk about!) , about the single. The big screen showed a close up shot of his face, his skin was very good but when I saw the lines at the corner of his eyes, I couldnt help but feel a bit of heartache. Celebrities are also normal people! Time has passed by quickly!

Se7en’s Japanese was really not very fluent, he kept umm-ing through sentences and would just look at us. He explained that because he only got to Japan on saturday, his Japanese is still not very fluent. Even though he was able to speak a little more fluently during the interview before, sitting on stage facing the fans made him nervous and so his Japanese was not coming out (laughs secretly).

The cutest part was when the MC asked him about the fan meeting. Se7en wanted to say that this was the closest (qigaku) contact he’s had with fans but instead he said the smallest (qisaku) greeting. After he said it, he realised that he has said it wrong and he got up straightaway and crouched down at the edge of the stage , saying ‘closest, closest’ to the fans, which made people go crazy.


After that, the box with the fans’ questions were brought up to the stage. Se7en was roasting under the spotlight so he took his jacket off. The top he had on inside was very cute!

There were 7 questions and the questions in the front were mainly about what he liked to eat, where he liked to go in Tokyo etc. Se7en said when he arrived in Japan on Saturday he had udon and that he likes going to Meguro (rich guy! ><), and he said he released that some of his fans are new fans from after his comeback so he feels pressure and he said “I will work hard.” This was a line that he said the most during the fan meeting, whenever he couldnt think of how to say something or didnt know what to say he would use this to fill up the space

The last two questions were explosive! The 6th question was from an 84 year old fan! She asked if she could be se7en’s girlfriend! (Grandma, do you not know of Se7en’s girlfriend’s existence!) So the emphasis all turned to grandma’s age, so Se7en walked to the edge of the stage to greet her and told her to take care of her health. The last question was from the daughter of the 84 year old grandma, asking Se7en to give grandma a hug. Although the MC said that there were no stairs to the side of the stage and that it was inconvenient, implying that he wont hug her, Se7en was agile and jumped off the stage to give her a hug and jumped back up on the stage! Warm idol to fan! Se7en wanted to keep picking questions but the MC reminded him that he had picked all 7 already.

After that, he sung Last of Diary and La la la. Then the MC asked us to sing him a birthday song in Korean and the dancers pushed out a cake, Se7en blowing out the candles. Because in Japan he is still 27, he said that since he is 28 in Korea, he came to Japan for his birthday this year, so I’m still 27! He totally showed how he likes to pretend he’s younger!


Then he took 7 photos with the audience in the background to be given to 7 lucky fans. But when he heard that it was to give fans, instead of picking just 7 from the box, he grabbed a bunch. Can you be any better to your fans Choi dong wook!!

Then he put on his jacket and prepared to sing his new song but because sweat got into his eye, he went to the back for a moment to wipe the sweat away.

The first time singing the new song, se7en was nervous but so were we. A warm voice together with a gentle melody line and smooth dance steps, everyone was melted by him. Everyone could only quietly wave their chilbongs to the beat, immersing themselves in the song. So even though I am very sorry to se7en, I had to record a bit of the song !

The song finished and the spotlight went out, and on came a video made of various photos with Startline as the background song, letting both us and him rest a bit. After changing his clothes, he sang Digital Bounce, Better Together and Passion. He rapped himself in Digital Bounce and his voice felt alot warmer than TOP’s, sounded so nice. Passion was ended with his signature handstand, done to perfection.

After he disappeared, everyone didnt want to leave and prepared for encore. At this moment, the MC told us that there was going to be a handshaking session, making everyone excited! So everyone started touching up on their make up. Se7en changed again and came out on the stage for a brief moment making everyone cheer. Do you think it’s very fun testing our heart function all the time huh?


The handshaking session was a bit wth. He stood at the exit, would shake a person’s hand then send them away. As a result I only realised he was in front of me already when he was shaking the hand of the person in front of me. Couldnt the MC warn us beforehand?! I wasted a good chance! So I used the chance to say in Korean to him “Chinese fans are waiting for you!”, although i dont know if he understood or not. But when he was shaking hands with the person after me, he still looked at me and smiled warmly!! My heart was beating so fast! And his big hands were so warm, so skin so soft! Compared to his hands, my hands were like the hands of a labourer! TT After that I preordered the mini album and went home, so happy and so satisfied! After I got off the subway, I walked home rhythmically!

Hmmm… how to say this.. maybe it’s because my brain is a bit slow, I was very calm all the way back home. But when night came, then I knew something was wrong. The 1 minute low quality recording of Angel I made was put on repeat til I went to sleep and I put the goods all around the bed and I didnt feel the slightest bit of sleepiness because I was so excited. The next day at 8am I still did not feel sleepy and wanted to get up to read but my head was full of Angel and I kept laughing crazily to myself. Only then I realised that I was totally gone. I tried to think back to the fan meeting but everything seemed like a dream. So the few days after, even when I was reading, I put his photo in front of me, as if I only had energy if I could see him, as if all troubles would go away if I saw him.

Looking at the photo, the scenes from the fan meet would come rushing back, as if he was really smiling at me then, that warm smile going straight to my heart, moving my heartstrings. Maybe this is the effect that he wanted by having a fan meeting, “Wah” making you obsessed, so that you cant pull yourself out.

Although I know of his girlfriend’s existence and am thankful for her existence, but I could not help but fall in love with the Choi dong wook style smile of this prince! I keep wanting more, wanting to see him more, talk to him more, give him more encouragement and support! “It’s better that I dont meet you, because then I wont love you. It’s better that I dont know of you, because then I wont miss you.”

Choi dong wook, do you know that you are the Angel who has come to us! This happiness, this desire, realisation is all because of you. So please continue to stay by our sides, let us feel your warmth, your good, your thoughtfulness! If you are here, then it’s Heaven Everywhere, so please stay in this moment, Beautiful.

You Are the Angel to Us.

Taken from ceciliase7en

~Bonus~

"Angel" - recorded from the actual fan meet



piglet1201

No comments: