Monday, April 23, 2012

[Translation] A-ticket special interview – Se7en


Se7en, who released mini album ‘Somebody Else’ this year on 18th January after 4 years and starting his activities in Japan again, is set to release new single ‘Love again’ on 25th April! A single that can be seen as the real Se7en – a title track with a familiar melody line and dance beat as well as the Japanese version of a famous ballad that shook the music charts of Korea, Se7en talks about his new single.

Q: We are doing this interview today

A: Yes (smiles), after this interview I have dance rehearsal

Q: A tight schedule! The mini album Somebody else which was released in January this year was the first in 4 years in Japan. How was the response?

A: The response was great. All my fans were waiting for me and they said to me “We are looking forward to it”. Many people came to the concert and events and the atmosphere was the same as it was 4 years ago. I’m really happy!

Q: The new single ‘Love again’ is about to be released. A dance track which makes people’s mood lift, what impression do you have of this song?

A: It is a bright and refershing song which is like spring. Because it’s spring, isnt it good to have a simple and bright song? (laughs) The recording went smoothly and I was able to sing it happily. I think maybe it will be easy for everyone to sing too. Of course I really like spring! Although i like all seasons (laughs)

Q: How about the lyrics?

A: Me starting activities in Japan again after 4 years in reflected in the lyrics. Because I sang the song with the thought of ‘Love again’ towards my fans [Note: Loving the fans again], my favourite part is the bridge. “The reason I have become a little stronger now is because I am happy I can watch over you” These lyrics are very good

Q: I can really feel your strong longing for your fans. In reality, have you become stronger?

A: Yes, I have. Have I not become stronger compared to before? Over the 4 years, I have gotten older and gained more experience, and I think I have strengthened mentally.

Q: What about physically?

A: Physically.. (laughs) well, have I not powered-up in that field as well? Although I havent been working out, I have continued to dance which is a form of exercise so it’s ok!

Q: The PV of ‘Love again’, so we are going to see improved choreography?

A: Although the filming of it hasnt taken place yet, I believe it will come out well (laughs)..Of course there will be dance and also a bit of acting. You will be able to see different expressions

Q: This time the PV will be filmed in Japan. Is there a difference between Japan and Korea?

A: I dont think there is a big difference. The only difference is that the filming time in Japan is usually 1 day but in Korea it’s 3 days

Q: Isnt it good to have more time?

A: But there’s the possibility that I have to shoot all day and all night for 3 days straight! At those times, it’s really difficult. If possible, I would like to have more time for sleep (laughs)

Q: That’s true (laughs). The song which had a big response (When I cant sing) released in February in Korea also has a Japanese version now.

A: Yes, the contents of the song is the same, it’s really sad. Although I performed this song alot in Korea.. At the end of the live stage, alot of people could relate to the song..I thought that Japanese fans will also be touched

Q: Even if I cant sing anymore, will you still love this me which has nothing left. Have you thought about if you really cannot sing anymore one day?

A: No! I dont imagine such things which can make me feel insecure or negative. If I think about it, wouldnt it make it difficult for me?

Q: Indeed, you need to continue to work hard

A: Yes (laughs), if I cannot sing anymore ..well I will do other things. I am interested in some other things besides music too. It seems that music is my hobby.

Q: Huh??

A: Well if I think of music as a job, wouldnt I have a hard time too? I want to enjoy myself as much as possible

Q: In May you will be having the SE7EN new single showcase in Tokyo, Fukuoka, Nagoya and Osaka. Your fans must be looking forward to it.

A: I am also waiting for it! Of course I will be performing the new song and I also want to prepare talk to bring my fans and I closer

Q: It seems that your activities in Japan are very fulfilling

A: I will work hard so that they are. ‘Love Again’ is my 7th single in Japan. It is a meaningful number to me and I want to do many things with fans in the future

Q: Looking forward to it. What do you want to do this spring?

A: Golf. Because a warmer season has come now, I really want to play golf. I havent played in Japan before because I dont have friends. It’s quite lonely on the golf course by yourself? (laughs)

Q: You must have friends in Japan?!

A: Yes, actually I do. (laughs) Besides that I want to go to an amusement park. I want to go to Korakuen Amusement Park (Tokyo Dome city) or even though a bit far, Fuji Q highland. I like scary rides.

Q: You like screaming? (laughs)

A: That’s right (laughs), I want to go again!

source: http://www.avexlive.jp/pc/special/special_48/int02.html
translated by ceciliase7en

No comments: